These Spring Car Care Tips Will Get Your Vehicle Over its Winter Blues
Warm weather has finally returned, but before you break out your sunglasses and hit the highway for a springtime or summer road trip, be aware that your vehicle likely needs some “spring cleaning” in the form of post-winter maintenance.
Statistically, AAA reports that it rescues over 9 million stranded drivers every summer. Many breakdowns can be avoided with regular, responsible maintenance, so don’t get caught helpless on the side of the road – follow these valuable spring car care tips and help prevent vehicle problems before they happen.
As drivers gear up to hit the road in sunny weather, they should first have a trusted mechanic attend to the following:
- Check the Battery: Your battery works much harder during the winter than you may realize. Some signs of a weakened or worn-out battery include vehicle lights going dim and power components operating sluggishly. Whether you’re seeing these signs or not, it’s important to get your battery checked when winter ends.
- Tire Time: As spring peeks forth, have your tire tread and pressure checked to make sure your tires are still in good working order. It’s also a good idea to have a post-winter tire rotation performed.
- Brake Check: Cold weather and salted roads can wreak havoc on your car’s brakes, and slick conditions can be especially hard on anti-lock brakes. As soon as signs of spring start appearing, get your brakes inspected – your life could literally depend on it. And if you’re experiencing any warning signs, like too-soft-feeling brakes or squealing or grinding noises, do not delay this important springtime maintenance step.
- Belts and Hoses: A broken belt or hose can turn catastrophic for your vehicle. Have these components checked post-winter for cracks, peeling, softening, and other trouble signs.
- Worn-Out Wipers: All too often, we don’t realize windshield wipers need to be changed until we’re caught in a storm or other windshield-impairing circumstances. Driving with inadequate windshield wipers can turn dangerous in a hurry, so don’t wait for the first big spring rainstorm to hit before having them attended to – get your wipers inspected and, if needed, repaired before you’re caught out in the rain.
Trust the Experts
Drivers can rely on the knowledgeable team at Harmony Acura for all their springtime maintenance needs. Visit or contact us today and we’ll get your car in tiptop shape for swimsuit weather.